So Many Ways to Give
There are many types of cash or non-cash donations that help Bear Yuba Land Trust implement its mission. Your help is fundamental to our success.
• Cash Donations
• Strategic Landscapes Fund
• Workplace Giving
• Non-Cash Gifts: Stocks and Real Property
Your cash donation can be made toward ongoing operations of Bear Yuba Land Trust or it can be made to be designated toward a specific purpose. For example, special designated funds have been set up for the following:
• Trails Fund
• Burton Homestead Site Management and Development Fund
• Woodpecker Preserve Site Management and Development Fund
• Mathis Pond Site Management and Development Fund
• Youth Education Fund
• Undesignated Operations Fund
Strategic Landscapes Fund
Escalating land values can make the sale of land for sub-division development a tempting alternative. This is especially true for local farms and rangeland. Driving north on Highway 49 from Auburn, you can see for yourself how homes are filling the golden hills and oak woodlands landscape.
Protecting the waterways, historic ranches and oak woodlands of the Sierra foothills in the Bear and Yuba River watersheds is our commitment. Bear Yuba Land Trust's ability to offer a conservation alternative to the sale or development of land is crucial to the future of our community.
So far, BYLT has helped place more than 5,000 acres of private land into conservation easements. With depressed real estate prices, a window of opportunity now exists to protect more acres from development forever. Such an ambitious campaign will require the support of the entire Nevada County community.
We urgently need your help. Time is running out.
Contributions to the Strategic Landscapes Fund are applied directly to the cost of moving land into conservation easements. These contributions enable BYLT to:
• Purchase conservation easements on the most threatened properties
• Set up stewardship funds to care for lands in easements in perpetuity
• Match state, federal, and other sources of public conservation funding
• Help preserve Nevada County's 150-year old heritage of family farming
Many employers give their employees the option to donate to charities directly from their paycheck. Also many employers match the employee's donation amount. Ask your employer if you can donate to Bear Yuba Land Trust through a workplace giving program.
Non-cash donations: Stocks and real property
Bear Yuba Land Trust gladly accepts donations such as stocks, mutual fund shares, real property, equipment, etc. As a rule, BYLT sells non-cash donations immediately upon receipt and the proceeds are either used for general operating support or a designated purpose, or held as an investment. A gift of securities is fully tax-deductible at its market value at the time of your contribution. To make a gift of stock to the BYLT contact your financial services provider (including online providers) who can make a direct electronic transfer of your stock certificates to the account of Bear Yuba Land Trust.
Donated real property (land) may be retained by BYLT if it has high conservation values; otherwise it is sold to generate funds for other land preservation.
Donating equipment to execute our mission is quite welcomed. Please help provide any of the following items from our wish list.
• Small construction, trails building and landscape tools
• Storage space or modular shed
• Utility shelving and storage boxes
• Miscellaneous office supplies and equipment
• 4wd light- or heavy-duty pick-up truck