Conservation Easement Steward – Full Time
Bear Yuba Land Trust (BYLT) seeks a full-time Conservation Easement Steward with experience in land protection, ecology, and ArcGIS mapping software. Responsibilities encompass planning and implementing conservation easement monitoring, training and oversight of volunteers, interns, and/or other staff engaged in these activities, and preparation and maintenance of conservation easement records. This position is vital to ensuring that BYLT fulfills its conservation easement responsibilities and meets or exceeds the requirements of the Land Trust Alliance (LTA) Standards and Practices.
Core responsibilities will include:
- Organization and implementation of BYLT’s conservation easement stewardship program and ensuring that BYLT’s conservation easement stewardship meets or exceeds the LTA Standards and Practices.
- Ensure completion and documentation of annual conservation easement monitoring of all conservation easements.
- Assist with evaluation of and response to actual and potential conservation easement violations.
- Cultivate relationships with landowners and conservation partners.
- Create annual monitoring reports for compliance.
- Work with conservation easement landowners on violations, amendments and property improvements.
- Mapping for incoming project evaluation and existing property management.
This is a full-time (32+ hours/week) position that supervises no staff. The holder of this
position must possess a valid, insurable driver’s license and be able to occasionally work
non-standard hours, including evenings and weekends. Salary for this position is
commensurate on experience. Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references via email to email@example.com. Application closes on January 24th, 2021.