Would you like to “adopt” a trail? BYLT welcomes individuals or groups who want to make a commitment to help maintain a trail or a section of trail on an ongoing basis.
Adopters commitment to visit their trail twice a month to monitor trail conditions. Minor maintenance, such as pruning brush, branches, and berry vines, or removal of down limbs, loose rock, and litter is required. Volunteers are responsible for reporting major problems, including large obstructions, such as fallen trees, as well as damage to signs or benches. After completing six months of trail care, a sign is posted, honoring the volunteer as caretaker of that trail.
Thank you BYLT Trail Adopters!
- Alan Thiesen Trail – Alta Sierra Property Owners Association
- Bailey Trail – Jim Line, Peace Lutheran Church
- Cascade Access Trail – Ray Bryars
- Cascade Canal Trail – Jeff Dekay-Bemis
- Deer Creek Tribute Trail System – Brian McFarren, BONC
- Nisenan Bridge Section- Tony and Margaret Zweig
- Little Deer Creek Trail- Daniel Batchelor
- Hirschman Trail- Ryan Mason
- Litton Trail
- Eskaton Section – Bob Anderson
- Paved Section – Amee Medeiros and Joseph D. Riley
- Loma Rica Trail – Mike Haire
- Miners Trail – BONC
- Orene-Wetherall Trail – Kent Cooper
- Rattlesnake Trail – Rattlesnake Neighborhood Association
- Wildflower Trail – Bill Lawrence
- Yewei’im Bom Trail – Rick Berry
- Yuba Drop Trail – Laura Petersen
- Yuba Rim Trail – Michael Smith and David Kemph
These trails need an adopter or a team of adopters to hike the trail regularly to keep it tidy and maintained!
- Hirschman Trail: Pond to Indian Flat Road Section
- Hirschman Trail: Woods Ravine Spur Section
- Narrow Gauge Trail
- Rambler Trail
- Trabucco Trail
Contact Land Access Manager, Shaun Clarke at email@example.com or 530-272-5994 x 203, for more information.