Would you like to “adopt” a trail? BYLT welcomes individuals or groups who want to make a commitment to help maintain a trail or a section of trail on an ongoing basis.
Adopters commit to visit their trail twice a month to monitor trail conditions. Minor maintenance, such as pruning brush, branches, and berry vines, or removal of down limbs, loose rock, and litter is required. Volunteers are responsible for reporting major problems including large obstructions, such as fallen trees, as well as damage to signs or benches.
Thank you BYLT Trail Adopters!
- Alan Thiesen Trail – Mark Hotsenpiller
- Bailey Trail – Jim Line, Peace Lutheran Church
- Cascade Access Trail – Ray Bryars
- Cascade Canal Trail – Jeff Dekay-Bemis
- Deer Creek Tribute Trail System – Brian McFarren, BONC
- Nisenan Bridge Section – Tony and Margaret Zweig
- Little Deer Creek Trail – Elevation 2477
- Hirschman Trail – Ryan Mason
- Parking lot to Woods Ravine Section – County of Nevada
- Woods Ravine to Trail End Section – Nevada City Men’s Group
- Litton Trail
- Paved Section – Amee Medeiros and Joseph D. Riley
- Eskaton Section – Karen Wallack-Eisen and the HILLAGAINS
- Loma Rica Trail – Mike Haire
- Mathis Pond – Susanna Bailey
- Miners Trail – BONC
- Orene-Wetherall Trail – Kent Cooper
- Rattlesnake Trail – Rattlesnake Neighborhood Association
- Wildflower Trail – Bill Lawrence
- Yewei’im Bom Trail – Rick Berry
- Yuba Drop Trail – Hiking for Good
- Yuba Rim Trail – Michael Smith and David Kemph
These trails need an adopter or a team of adopters to hike the trail regularly to keep it tidy and maintained!
- Daspah Seyo
- Narrow Gauge Trail
- Rambler Trail
- Trabucco Trail
Contact Trails Stewardship Coordinator, Shaun Clarke at email@example.com or 530-272-5994 x 203, for more information.