Are you interested in learning more about Bear Yuba Land Trust? Are you passionate about talking to the public to promote BYLT in the community? Come participate in the Volunteer Training Day for Outreach and Events!
The volunteer training for Outreach and Events will be held on Friday, May 24th from 10:00am-12:00pm at the BYLT office, located at 12183 Auburn Road. During the training, volunteers will learn how to effectively communicate BYLT’s mission to the community as well as how to properly set up an outreach booth. Some of the opportunities that will be discussed during the training are:
- Celebration of Trails- This annual event celebrates local trails, and volunteers are needed to help make this event a success!
- eScrip Fundraising– Encourage SPD shoppers to sign up for eScrip to passively donate up to 3% of their total purchase to the land trust
- Community Tabling Opportunities- Discuss BYLT’s mission and current projects at tabling booths during community events
- Open Spaces and Wild Places Gala- Assist during BYLT’s annual fundraiser
- BYLT Roadshow- Monthly discussion with businesses, professional groups, service organizations and other community interest groups about Bear Yuba Land Trust
Please wear comfortable clothing and bring a water bottle. Snacks will be provided. If you have any questions, contact Felicia Van Hecke at firstname.lastname@example.org or (530) 272-5994 x 207