Thank you for your interest in supporting Bear Yuba Land Trust (BYLT)!
The mission guiding BYLT is to protect and defend the working and natural lands of the Bear and Yuba River watersheds and to empower healthy, resilient communities through nature access and education. With community support, the Land Trust provides a lasting community heritage by protecting and enhancing meadows, watersheds, forests, farms and ranches, trails and parks.
We welcome third party events to support this mission.
Our volunteers and community members have many great fundraising ideas to benefit our organization and the community we serve. Most fundraising events proposed that are not already included in our annual Fundraising Plan must be third party events due to limited staffing.
What is Third Party Fundraising?
Third Party Fundraising is any fundraising activity by a non-affiliated group or individual where BYLT has no fiduciary responsibility and little or no staff involvement. We actively encourage third party fundraising events. All such events must be approved by BYLT in advance. Each proposal is carefully reviewed and evaluated for feasibility and suitability with our organization’s goals and objectives. This is an important safeguard to preserving the integrity of BYLT and our commitment to raise the funds necessary to fulfill our mission in a cost-efficient and effective manner. While we may be able to provide guidance for your event, we do not have the personnel to handle administrative tasks of third party events.
The staff at BYLT may provide:
Already published materials, such as : flyers, photos, newsletters and logo
Attendance and support at the event (pending staff/volunteer availability)
For more information regarding Third Party Fundraising please email Membership Coordinator Sarah West at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 530-272-5994 ext 204.
Third Party Event Guidelines
1. Third party events must be in line with our mission.
2. All promotional materials must clearly state the percentage of proceeds that will benefit BYLT.
3. The use of our logo and name on any promotional materials (e.g., press releases, fliers, invitations, websites, letters, etc.) must be reviewed and approved by a staff member to verify accuracy.
4. BYLT must receive a list of targeted sponsors for the event before they are approached to minimize any overlap with other BYLT events and/or fundraising campaigns that may be underway. To protect our donors’ privacy, BYLT will not provide donor or sponsor lists, nor will we solicit sponsorship revenue for third party fundraising events.
5. Event organizers are responsible for obtaining all permits and liability waivers especially those for raffles and/or sporting-type events. Event organizers must obtain their own liability insurance to cover the event.
6. BYLT is not financially liable for the promotion, planning or execution of third party events.
7. In order to fulfill our own accounting requirements, we request that you provide us the event proceeds within 30 days after the conclusion of the special event/fundraiser.
After you have reviewed the above guidelines, please complete the following questions designed to provide more information about the type of fundraiser/event you are interested in planning. Please submit the completed form prior to any planning of the event. Once the application has been submitted, we will review it and notify you whether your fundraiser has been approved or rejected- please allow at least one week response time.
Thank you again for your support of Bear Yuba Land Trust!